Knightfall - buy it now

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Review of Kyrathaba Rising


Intriguing high-brow sci-fi

I received Kyrthaba Rising as part of review exchange with the author William Bryan Miller. It tells the story of the surviving pockets of humanity, who live underground after Aliens have attacked and destroyed the surface through a nuclear assault.

Four survivors manage to insert themselves into a virtual reality full of Orcs and magic, that may be more than it seems, whilst the humans and androids in the underground bunker of A3 deal with murder, intrigue, deception and a full on alien attack.

I enjoyed the book overall, it was very well written and with excellent editing and proofreading (I don't think I encountered a single error that comes to mind). It isn't what I'd normally read, but I'm glad I did, and with how it ended, I would be keen to read books 2 and 3 to discover the rest of the story.

My only gripe is that the reveals at the end of the book didn't completely gel with what I'd read in the book so far. Maybe the details of the how and why will be revealed in later books, in which case I applaud the author for drafting such a complex metaphysical tale!

Score 4 out of 5 stars

Review system
5 stars excellent
4 stars very good
3 stars average
2 stars below average
1 star poor


Available from http://www.amazon.com/Kyrathaba-Rising-The-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00E3YJ4HY/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375879540&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=kyrthaba

1 comment:

  1. For a limited time, this ebook can be purchased for a$0.90 here:https://payhip.com/b/2WB5

    ReplyDelete